Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions Done Right

Today is the last day of 2007. I bet you think I am getting ready to party up tonight. Think again. I am at work (of course) until 5 (because who would push the pencils if I didn't show up?).

Then I am heading home, making a pot of chili because it is butt-cold today, playing some Wii, drinking some beer, watching the ball drop, kissing my fiance and going to bed. We couldn't even find any friends that didn't already have plans to come over. Losers.

But I digress...

The real reason I am posting today is because it is that time of year to make the all important and all dreaded new years resolution. Gag.

I do have to make the standard I will lose 15 lbs by April resolution, but only because I have to get my fat ass in a wedding dress by the 19th. Double Gag.

Other than that, my resolution is not to better myself in any way, because I am pretty happy with me, and the man I love is happy with me, so screw the rest of them. I resolve to better my ENVIRONMENT. No, I am not buying an electric car and installing solar panels (as you have to be rich to do those kinds of things).

I plan on ridding myself of all things that cause me stress which then leads to me having pimples and cold sores...and this is not acceptable.

First, I am campaigning for a raise. I am tired of being charge the $31 overdraft fee that my bank feels the need to charge me 50 times a month (don't they know I am good for it?). Rumor has it we are all getting reviewed in January this year, so I am getting my arsenal prepared consisting of all the reasons that I rock and deserve to make an above the poverty level salary. This one also has subresolutions like getting out of debt, refinancing the house, etc.

Second, I am determined to find a cleaner that actually works on my 100 year old (not lying...I have a really old house) hardwood floors. I am sick of them looking 100 years old. I know they have more potential than that. I blame the dogs for the all the time dingy look.

Third, I am resolving to get a new bedroom suit. I will kill Josh if we continue to sleep in the full size bed that I have had since I was in 5th grade. Not kidding...all 130lbs of him takes up 3/4 of it. This might be ok if I weighed 130lbs, but that hasn't happened since 9th grade and I am not holding my breath that it will any time soon (I love chocolate too much).

Thats it. I don't think I am overshooting. These are definitely feasible. I am resolving to be optimistic about them (damn it...thats another resolution to keep up with).

So, happy new years to all! 2008 is sure to be great...and yes, that was my best Dr. Seuss impression.

1 comment:

Christie said...

The only non-resolution I made this year was to eat healthier. Not lose weight, but be more aware of what I put into my body. I guess I'm "aware" of the 6 cookies I ate last night, and the 4 pieces of pie I ate on Christmas day. Hmm, maybe I should change the wording a little, aware doesn't seem to work.