Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Big Huge Spectacular Glorious First Blog

I know...the title builds you up A LOT. I hope that I can deliver...

Well I have decided to enter into the anonymous world of blogging. Anonymous being a big part of it as I have heard horror stories of people getting fired, dumped, bankrupted, etc. from the stuff that they post in their blogs. I hope to avoid the first of those 2 things (as I am on the verge of bankruptcy despite have a job and a fiance...and I know the fiance isn't going anywhere), unless someone decides to start paying me to write this blog which I would welcome with loving arms. So until that glorious day comes, I am going to remain in the shadows and speak my mind fully.

So this is my little corner of the internet where I plan to spill my guts on hopefully a regular basis. I plan on divulging on my personal life, what I am doing, boring shit, exciting shit, movies I've seen, places I go, people I meet, etcetera etcetera etcetera (who really types out etcetera? I'm such a geek.)

As you probably gathered from the title of my blog, I am a peon at a company in a fairly large city. I have been here for 2 years sitting in my cube. Well, technically, it's only half a cube, which makes it that much sadder. I was one of the last people hired to actually get a cube (1/2 cube) but I guess it is better than sitting in the middle of the hallways with the interns. Perish the thought. So for now I guess I am content (HA!) with my 2 cube walls, desk with no drawers, and filing cabinet. At least I have the Internet...

My basic title here (but they were nice enough to not put this on my business cards) is Pencil Pusher. Triple P. Pencil Pusher Peon. It's a GLORIOUS stage of my professional life! (I also seriously need to stop saying 'glorious' so much.) I am responsible for millions of dollars of client's money on a monthly basis...if only they could see my bank account. (Well maybe I should show them my bank account...they might take pity and give me a small handout of that millions of dollars...)

All of this incredibly valuable information led me to start this blog. I, like many bloggers, am an aspiring writer. Actually I am an aspiring anything-but-this. I don't care what it is. I would love to do anything the gives me a creative outlet...and possibly let me sleep later than 6am. Or even work from home! (Ooo I like that thought!) My dogs would really appreciate that...

So that's it for now...my grand intro. I must get back to pushing my pencils, otherwise the world will explode. Next time I will try to be a little more insightful, informative, and all around more interesting.

Chow!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I have honestly felt much better after venting on my blog. Hope it helps you out, too. Glad you stopped by.